Recently I received this beautifully wrapped box with blogger samples from The New Black - isn't it just gorgeous?
Well, back to the highlighters....
The box included a promotional set of cool highlighters in polish shaped containers.
Highlighters are for marking text, so they are very translucent. And they do not work well on glossy surfaces (the liquid kind of slides of and gather in tiny drops).
Those were the two first challenges I had to face.
I knew that white would be to only real option as a base color, so I chose Seche Porcelain II - but it dries nice and glossy.
I tried buffing it with a fine grit buffer - but then it hit me: Essie Matte About You top coat gives a really matte and slightly paper like finish - and after a small test I went ahead...
- highlighters are very translucent
- they mix and changes easily color if you touch one color with another
- do not work well on a glossy surface (the liquid gathers in tiny drops)
- the stronger colors work the best - yellow and orange are very translucent
- if you top coat the result becomes even more translucent and the colors change
I know it's a silly idea - and would love to hear what do you think?