Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



mandag den 20. oktober 2014

Chanel comparison: Rouge Flamboyant and Laque Rouge anno 1980/81 vs anno 2014

Yesterday I showed swatches of the new releases/repromotions of Rouge Flamboyant 38 and Laque Rouge 71 as part of Les Rouges Cultes de Chanel, click HERE.

In this post I will show you a comparison between Rouge Flamboyant 38 in the 2014 version and the original first released in 1980 – in both the Made in France and the Made in USA versions and between Laque Rouge 71 in the 2014 version and the original version first released in 1981.

First Rouge Flamboyant 38:
Chanel Rouge Flamboyant 38 left to right: The 2014 release, the original Made in France released in 1980 and the original Made in USA with shimmer.
Index is the original Made in USA it is a little tad darker and has a beautiful shimmer, middle is the original Made in France and it seems to be a bit thinner (but my bottle might have been thinned at some point) but otherwise it’s the exact same nuance as the 2014 version seen on my ring finger and pinkie.
Old Made in USA, old Made in France and the new 2014 release.

Next is Laque Rouge 71:
 Chanel Laque Rouge 71 in the original version first released in 1981 and the 2014 repromotion - both with boxes
On my index and ring finger you see the original – on my middle and pinkie the 2014 version, and there is no difference.

I would have loved to show a comparison between the old an the new Rouge no 19, but I do not own the old version, maybe you can help me?

18 kommentarer:

  1. Nr 71 looks identical in my opinion :O

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It/they do - so that's nice when it's a repromotion!

      Slet
  2. That's quiet an interesting comparison. But still I'm asking myself, why the European- and US versions of Chanel have to be that different. Marketing?

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm glad you like it!
      Well, I think it has to do with the fact that some pigments are/were allowed in the US and not in EU - or vice versa, but there probably are more factors...
      Today I don't think we will see other than "Made in France" versions of future polishes...

      Slet
  3. It is still unclear to me why would anyone make the polish of the same name, but different colour. Not to mention what Elena has noticed - different versions for different markets.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is a repromotion - a celebrating of the old no longer available colors, so to give them back as a LE....

      Slet
  4. they looks similar but I am loving the Laque Rouge 71 ;) I dont owe any polish of these company |:

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I love Chanel polishes, their creams and shimmers the most, they have an incredible finish!

      Slet
  5. Interesting comparison and a surprising fact. I don't understand how a brand could have different colored nail polishes in different country's. This is quite surprising for me, we talk about a big and very well known brand!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. As mentioned in another comment there can be numerous reasons - and we are talking 34-35 years ago since the original release....

      Slet
  6. Cool comparison post, I like it. It's always nice with a good, classic red :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so glad you appreciate it!
      And yes, you are so right about that!

      Slet
  7. Good post. I like to see ones like these. Rouge Flamboyant's shimmer is lovely in the older version :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks I'm glad you found it useful - and yes, the old US version was sooo beautiful!

      Slet
  8. this is pretty close, essence has a habit of keeping the names but changing the polishes completely ;)

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...