Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 10. februar 2015

Lacquer Lust Amethyst and Sapphire swatches

Today I have swatches of two of the polishes from the Lacquer Lust Birthstone collection.

Amethyst:
Lacquer Lust Amethyst – the birthstone for February. It’s a slightly smoky blue-toned grape purple holo with a fairly strong effect, so yes I recognize the amethyst. This is 2 easy coats without a top coat. 

Sapphire:
Lacquer Lust Sapphire – the birthstone for September, my birth month. I have seen swatches of this featuring it as a sapphire blue. But my bottle is a very slate-grey blue with a slight green hue, and at least one other blogger features it like that – so I don’t know if there were two versions of it. It’s a fairly strong holo and it has beautiful blue shimmers. This is 2 easy coats without a top coat. 
Do you like them - and do you have a favorite?
My favorite is Amethyst - I had hoped Sapphire was more like a sapphire...
I bought it from Norway Nails - use the code MARIA10 to get a 10% discount.
Meet all my indies here: Indies & Co

34 kommentarer:

  1. I like them both! :)

    SvarSlet
  2. Seus esmaltes são um mais perfeito que o outro.
    Lindo demais!!


    Bjim ...
    blog Usei Hoje
    Instagram | Twitter | Fan Page

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are really pretty, I'm glad you like them :)

      Slet
  3. I don't know which one i like better. They are both beautiful and gorgeous and lovely and...

    SvarSlet
  4. I really like both and I think Amethyst it my favourite too - just by a little bit though! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that's also my favorite - but both are unique!

      Slet
  5. Amethyst is my favourite but I also like the second one.

    SvarSlet
  6. Thinking and looking... To be honest, I couldn't choose if I had to. Really beautiful!

    SvarSlet
  7. I received the entire birthstone collection (minus Amethyst but I did get my hands on that one later) as an anniversary present. My Sapphire also looks the same as yours under direct light. It looks a lot darker in normal daylight though. On the other hand, I have a ring with a pink sapphire in it, so the polish isn't at all like THAT sapphire :D
    (oh, and as usual... great swatches!! I'm glad I already have these or my wishlist would have been growing again)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think I like Amethyst more than most from this collection.
      I'm happy to hear about your Sapphire (the polish that is LOL) - I think there are a lot of cameras out there that played a role in the non-color true swatches, but there might have been a change in it!

      Slet
  8. Hard to choose but just maybe Sapphire shades it

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Well - fortunately I don't have to choose, but Amethyst is my favorite :)

      Slet
  9. I googled to see the difference in shades, you are talking about, and it's quite a big difference. You could ask Wenche if she can ask the manufacturer if there were two versions made :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. There reallt are - I also thought of contacting Lacquer Lust directly...

      Slet
  10. Amethyst is fantabulous <3 and Sapphire is fabulous. :-)

    SvarSlet
  11. Well, that's bizzare. Sorry but these Lacquer Lust Holos are always a bit too 'milky' for me.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is, isn't it - I too would have loved them more, if they were more vivid...

      Slet
  12. Usually I would prefer Sapphire but in this case it is a little too dusky for me. Shame about the different versions! Amethyst is prettier.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I don't know for sure if there are different versions - or if other photos have been incorrect!

      Slet
  13. Yeah, that happens: different batches can have different colour since they are hand made :) And I was a bit confused while reading last sentences: at my eyes, Sapphire is just AMAZING :D So sad it hasn't been what you was hoping for :*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. But this is a MAJOR difference...
      It might be pretty - but it's surely not the shade of a sapphire ;)

      Slet
  14. I love both of them, amazing :-)

    SvarSlet
  15. They're both adorable!! I love Amethist a little more, but just a bit :)

    SvarSlet
  16. both of them awesome, looks like i'd drown in its depths *.*

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...