Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



fredag den 3. oktober 2014

Essie Barbuda Banana swatches - vintage

Essie Barbuda Banana is a vintage and hard to find pastel yellow, I was lucky to get it from a blog sale. It is from 2004 or older, do you know?
I see that other bloggers think it’s a nightmare to apply, especially if you apply thin coats. I guess my coats aren’t thin when I apply nail polish, and that might be the reason why my many, many, many pastel yellows behave well, and my bottle of Barbuda Banana was a bit sheer – but very well behaved.
Unless you have severe ridges like I have 3 coats are enough, but to eliminate ridges shining through when I use the flash I applied 4 coats, no top coat. I found the formula easy to work with, and the self-leveling ability was good.
The shimmer is not noticeable in person, but on the one-nail close-up, you see it! 
Do you own Essie Barbuda Banana - and what do you think of it?
I'm looking for another older pastel yellow: Maybelline Banana Puddin'  (Wet Shine line) - please contact me if you can help me!!

18 kommentarer:

  1. The banana looks delicious ;) A real banana shade. 4 coats are quite a lot, I guess I'd have to use 4 too.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It does, doesn't it :)
      For normal use I think 3 would be enough!

      Slet
  2. Well Maria, frankly speaking I don't really own any pastel yellows ;o).

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
  3. It is very pretty. I have found that yellow polishes go on much better if I apply thicker coats.

    SvarSlet
  4. I do not have this one; it sure is pretty.

    SvarSlet
  5. It's a nice yellow and looks great on you! :-) Glad to hear it behaved itself ;-)

    With polishes like that I tend to use thicker coats as well. Sometimes starting off with a thinner then thicker ones.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot - and yes, I think I never actually apply thin coats of any polish!!

      Slet
  6. That's a you-yellow for sure - it looks great on you :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You are so right about that - thanks a lot!

      Slet
  7. Very nice yellow :-) looking very good on your very, very loooong nails :-)

    SvarSlet
  8. now i'm in a mood for banana :D

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...