Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



mandag den 11. juli 2016

Pet'la Plate stamping plates review


I have 11 Pet’la Plate stamping plates to show you, and I bought them directly from Pet’la Plate located in Budapest, Hungary.
They are very different from all other plates I have come across, both in regards to material, weight, feel, deepness of the engraving and they have very unique and detailed patterns most of them.
They are handmade of beautiful brass and have a very sturdy feel with a weight of 38-39 grams, a MoYou London is around 30 grams.
Each plate come in a tiny plastic bag and has no protective film – they are ready to use.
The plate size is 12 x 5.8 cm and the patterns vary from 2.4 x 1.6 and up.
The price for each plate is 6 Euro.
The etching is fairly deep.
The edges of the patterns are a bit rough, you cannot hurt yourself by touching them, but you definitely get the feeling that they are handmade – and super rustic in a good way!

Let's have a look at the plates, to enlarge the photos, just click on them:

And some random patterns still on a stamper:

And some of the manis I did so far, you already saw some of them in "My stamping journey" posts:
Take 58: Base Masura Mint and Basil (magnetic) stamped with Colour Alike B. a Mars (duochrome), plate Pet’la Flake no more, stamper Daschica Jumbo Clear Jelly.


Take 68: Base Ms. Sparkle Girls Wanna Have PINK stamped with MoYou London Winter Green, plate Pet’la Flake No More, stamper Daschica Jumbo Clear Jelly.


Take 83: The base is Enchanted Polish February 2014 stamped with Hit The Bottle Copper Haired Girl, plate Pet’la Flake No More, stamper Daschica Jumbo Clear Jelly.


Take 90: The base is Masura Lilac Angelite stamped with Hit The Bottle The Yolk is on You, plate Pet’la Petra’s Wishes, stamper Daschica Jumbo Clear Jelly.


Take 92: The base is By K OY-MAK stamped with Colors by Llarowe Royalty Stamping polish, plate Pet’la Golden Russian, stamper Daschica Jumbo Clear Jelly.


Take 95: The base is Chaos & Crocodiles Pony In A Party Hat stamped with Hit The Bottle Purple Reign, plate Pet’la Petra’s Wishes, stamper UberChic XL clear stamper.

Take 101: The base is Golden Rose Rich Color 24 stamped with Jolifin Night Black stamping Polish and Moyra White 07, plate Pet’la Petra’s Wishes for the ladybugs and Pet’la Feathers for the other nails, stamper UberChic XL clear stamper.

Cons:
There only are a few minor cons...
The patterns with big open parts needs more polish, but that’s the same with all plates, no matter brand.
A few of the bigger patterns are because of the depth so full of polish, that it can be difficult to pick up without smearing the pattern – needs careful scraping and a light pick up - AND wait just a few seconds before the pick up to avoid smearing - again something that makes it easier for the beginner.

The slightly rough edges of the engraving are tearing whatever material you clean the plate with more or less, the tiny lint free paper pads are not good.
But it’s OK to use a cotton pad, personally I do however think that the best is a cotton ball, and I can clean a pattern a lot of times with just one!

Pros:
The plates are very well etched, definitely the deepest ones I own: an advantage for the beginner stampers as it gives you more time before the polishes dries out on you.
The patterns are very unique compared to most other brands.
If you love that golden look, the plates are a feast for the eyes.
I love the rustic and handmade feel.

Final conclusion:
I love the well etched Pet'la plates!
If you are looking for plates that are totally different from what experienced so far - these could be just it!
If you are a stamping plate collector - you really need to try them out, I would even call it a must!
Go to Pet'la Plate to see more!

I hope you enjoyed this long - and non sponsored - review - and I have planned similar posts for a number of other brands in my collection!

AND questions for you regarding stamping plate reviews:
I think it's important to mention deepness of etching, pattern and plate size, website to the manufacturer and price - your thoughts?
How important are photos of the plates?
In this case I had 11 and showed them all, but with brands that I have many more from, it wouldn't be nice with many photos - or maybe it would - what do you think?
How important are actual manis created with the plates - a few I'm thinking, but not endless numbers - or what do you think?
How about stamps om paper - or shown on the stamper, like I did in this review - are they important or waste of time - what are your thoughts?

1.500+ indie polishes and 100+ indie brandsIndies & swatches

18 kommentarer:

  1. Very detailed review. I saw these stamping plates by a lot of Hungarian bloggers and they were all very pleased with their quality. Love the color combinations you made on each mani!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much - and yes, they really deserve some attention!

      Slet
  2. Ohhhh... you have bought just about my entire wishlist for Pet'la plates! I own Fireworks and Golden Russian but the other ones are going to be mine one day in the future ;)

    Your questions - my answers :)
    1) I'd like to read about deepness, pattern, plate size, individual image size, website of manufacturer and/or store where they are sold and price.
    2) I love photos of the plates to see what images are on the plates. Sometimes stores add their watermark over the images and I can't see what is beneath, so photos are always good as far as I'm concerned.
    3) A few manicures done with the plates are nice, especially if you write about your experiences while doing them (easy to use, hard to pick up, etc. etc.) but for me less important than photos of the plates themselves.
    4) Again some photos of stamps on paper or on the stamper are nice but if I had to choose between photos of the plate or photos of a stamp on paper, I would pick photos of the plate.

    Hope this helps a little :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Awww, I hope you get them - and am glad you know thm and like them :)
      Thank you so much for your reply and thoughts - it is very useful for me. I also tend to think photos of plates are important, but impossible of course if you have many plates from a brand.
      Yes, I also HATE it when they have dominant watermarks or do not have the looking glass function - it's tideous to look at the plates, and often I give up...

      Slet
  3. Nossa, são muito lindas!
    Suas carimbadas também, amei.


    Bjim...
    blog Usei Hoje

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I am so happy you like them - they really are nice!

      Slet
  4. You have some lovely designs here.
    I never gave these plates a better look because the colour of metal bothers me. However, I have noticed one with which the brass colour of the plates works perfectly.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Well, I fell for the brass LOL - I'm glad you see one, that you like ;)

      Slet
  5. That's a cool review, you got me curious for sure.
    I'd like to see some of the plates, but if it's a brand where you own 95 plates I might not need to see them all :)
    I like to see a couple of manis too, but again, maybe not 95 of them :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much - that was my intention :D
      LOL - what a relief that you do not see manis from all plates, and your thoughts are very useful to me!

      Slet
  6. Awesome post! Great info/pictures. Now I have ANOTHER brand on my wishlist...thanks! ;) Love the new red/black/white design!

    In regards to your questions - I like the details! They're important for choosing plates. And definitely your experiences with them is crucial, in my opionion. Pictures: I think your best judgement is going to be fine - and not the same everytime is OK too. I do like to see at least one nail design - but some paper or stamper images are good too - especially if it is in conjuntion with an explanation (like your cotton pad or large image pick-up). Plate pictures are helpful. Would you consider adding a link/tab to a gallery of your photos of them for a reference? Then the post reader could jump to that if want. Just an idea (if you're planning to photograph them anyway - not looking to make more work!).

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I am SOOO good for you (and your bank account) :D
      Thank you so much for your thoughts on reviews!
      I'm not sure I understand what you mean by: Would you consider adding a link/tab to a gallery of your photos of them for a reference?
      Are you thinking of something like the page I added a few months back, the "Stamping nail art and gear" - link at the bottom of every post?

      Slet
  7. They do look beautiful and unique! I have to check these out!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm glad you like them - and I hope you give them a try!

      Slet
  8. Some lovely designs here. There is so much choice for plates huh! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh yes, it's heaven to be able to choose so many (ah well, maybe not for your bank account :D )

      Slet
  9. What a detailed post and lovely plates and mani! <3

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...