Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



onsdag den 5. oktober 2016

Born Pretty Store stamping plates BP101-110 review for Nur Besten


Today I have a new review for Nur Besten for you – it’s a 10 piece set of Born Pretty Store stamping plates: BP101-110 
The product number/name is #33796 - 10 Sheets/set BORN PRETTY 5.5cm Round Nail Art Stamp TemplateManicure Image Plate BP101-110.

The plates were kindly sent for my honest review!


The plates are 5.5 cm in diameter and come with a cardboard sleeve and a blue protective film.
Sometimes the blue film seems almost glued to the plates, I have had this happen to me in other brands too, recently with a Moyra plate.
It is very difficult to loosen the film, so I used brute force clawing away with a poor nail and meanwhile is used a few not so nice words :D 
I cleaned up the plates with denatured alcohol to remove the sticky residue, acetone also works, but not as well I felt.
Afterwards I have learned that apparently soaking plates like this in hot water or using a blow dryer to warm them up should be helpful before removing the blue film.

The plates have smooth edges and a foil on the back with the Born Pretty Store logo.

Lets meet the 10 plates  - if you want larger photos, just click on them to enlarge them:
Cute cats, birds and flowers...


Gorgeous mandala-like floral lace patterns...


Beautiful butterflies and floral lace...


 Flowers!!!


 Abstract patterns - and some pretty cool abstract floral...
The base is Glam Polish Magica de Spell stamped with Dance Legend 11 Pink, plate Born Pretty Store BP-110, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.
Final conclusion:
I love the variety of beautiful patterns in this set!
Normally I'm happy about the etching in the Born Pretty Store plates, and I still am. I do however feel that some of the patterns in this set weren't as crisp as they could have been - but in retrospect I blame it on the sticky residue...
Even if I removed it, there still might be some left in some of the patterns, so what I need to do is to soak them in hot water and wipe them with denatured alcohol while still warm - maybe even give them a good scrub with a nail brush.

So please do not let the sticky blue film hold you back - your plates might not have it, fortunately is doesn't happen very often...

Nur Besten has a lot of fun and beautiful products for your nails, go and have a look!

Happy shopping - and remember to use my code GERL10 to get 10% when you shop!


1.500+ indie polishes and 100+ indie brandsIndies & swatches

18 kommentarer:

  1. What pretty manis you did with them! The white one is my favourite, you know I have a soft spot for white on nails.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much - and yes, I have a soft spot for white and blue manis ;)

      Slet
  2. They'redan look very nice I will definitely consider them!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. BPS are inexpensive and good quality, so that's a good idea!

      Slet
  3. I got these stamping plates from Born Pretty Store and I like them very much, particularly those with floral patterns :-) Also I experienced some problems with taking off the protective layer and sticky residue, but not as much as I see on your photos.. Fortunately, a little bit of cleaning and everything works perfectly :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I also saw a YouTuber having the same problems, and just as sticky as mine.
      It is however super annoying when it happens...

      Slet
  4. Ohhhhh... I want these too!!

    SvarSlet
  5. I haven't encountered film that was sticking onto the plates like these you showed here. And I must admit that I think it's a little bit too much work if I have to wash, scrub, blow dry and rinse the plates before I even use them, hahaha! :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I agree, and if it always was like that with a certain brand, I would stop buying it. Fortunately that's not the case!

      Slet
  6. These are pretty. Very pretty.

    SvarSlet
  7. I like Born Pretty plates, I have a few and mine were good. BTW I've never experienced that "glued film" thing :O

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, most of them definitely are high quality!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...